Tuesday, May 03, 2005

missing milestone


Hayley rolls over! Posted by Hello


On Friday April 29th when I picked up Hayley from the nanny, the nanny asked “Is she rolling over?” “Not really.” I replied. For some time Hayley had managed to roll to her side, even sleep on her side on occasion, but just never completed the “roll over”. “Well, she did today.” the nanny said casually. ‘What?!” I replied. “Like completely roll over, because she can roll to her side…” “Yep completely” she confirmed. I knew being a working mom I would miss some of Hayley’s milestones, but this was the first one, and I felt sad about it. So the next day my husband and I were hanging out with Hayley just after feeding her, and we said we should try to see if she would roll over for us, but we decided to wait until she had digested her food a bit more. About a half hour later, I was still hanging out with Hayley on the couch and my husband went upstairs to shower. I knew that I should wait for my husband, but I was growing impatient and I was really curious if she actually was rolling over. I was in denial about missing a milestone. So I placed Hayley on her stomach and went to get my camera a few feet away, when she ROLLED OVER. I almost missed it again! I barely got it recorded with the camera. I just got the tail end of the roll over when she was still kinda rocking from the action. When I screamed ‘She rolled over!” My husband came running down. “Why didn’t you wait for me to be here?!” I felt bad. He was right I should have waited. I just didn’t think she would do it so fast. I don’t think she did it on purpose. It looked more like she was all out of balance and she couldn’t help but roll over. The worse part is she hasn’t done it since then and my husband still hasn’t seen her roll over. We keep trying. Last night we put her on her stomach, and I guess she was just tired because she just sort of collapsed on her hands. It was sad and cute all at once. We picked her up of course, and just held her. She’ll grow up soon enough. We should just enjoy the moments as they come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home