Friday, January 13, 2006

Success! She walks!


When I saw that this week’s challenge for photofriday was “success” I immediately thought of this photo I took of Hayley on Christmas day. We had told Hayley that all she had to give us for Christmas was to either say “Ma-ma” and Da-da” to call us or to walk in our presence. Our nanny called a couple of weeks before screaming, “She’s walking! She’s walking!” but none of us had seen her take more than a step at home. Well on Christmas day that all changed. All dressed up and in patent leather shoes no less, she walked across my parents’ living room! Luckily I had camera on hand and clicked away. I think this shot is the best. It is at the end of her run and she looked back at us as if to say, “What did I do?! What are you all excited about?” The best part of the photo is my dad in the background with his arms out in amazement. If this photo doesn’t illustrate “success” I don’t know that does. By the way, we are still working on saying “Ma-ma” and Da-da”.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aarika said...

So. Fricking. Adorable!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wonderful! Congratulations. Shes so beautiful, and i love that your dad is celebrating too! what a great moment to capture!

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home